Umbrella & Excess Insurance
This low-cost policy will protect your assets and give you peace of mind
in the event of a major loss or injury.
Why should you consider this product?
- Raises the limit of liability you have available for a claim
- Can extend the liability limits on some or all of your underlying policies
- Hickok & Boardman agents will work with you to determine the best options for your additional coverage
This policy increases the limit of liability you have available for a claim. Excess Liability policies only cover losses that are also covered under your primary policy.
An umbrella policy also increases the limit of liability on your home, auto, and any “toys” you may have. In addition, this type of policy may provide coverage that is excluded on the underlying policy. Examples of additional coverage may include:
- Expanding the auto coverage territory to almost anywhere in the world
- Personal Injury coverage for claims such as libel or slander
- Liability for certain claims resulting from your role as a director or officer of an organization
It is important to remember the Umbrella and Excess Liability policies often differ depending on which insurance carrier you choose to work with. Understanding how these policies relate to your underlying coverage can be tricky. A call to your Hickok and Boardman Insurance Group account manager will help you determine which policy is right for you.