24x7 Claims

Report a Claim Now – Call 800-900-0121
(Option #2 is always Claims)

Report A Claim

Auto Accident Tips
Home & Business Property Tips
Claims FAQs
Meet Our Claims Staff
Auto Accident Tips
  • Remain calm. If you or your passengers are injured, stay in your vehicle until assistance arrives.
  • If your accident is minor, move out of traffic if it is safe to do so.
  • Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone else except for the police and your insurance company.
  • Exchange contact information with the other driver, including names, phone numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information.
Report your Claim – Call our Claims Service Team 800-900-0121
(Option #2 is always Claims)

What can I do if a tree falls onto my home?
  • Call 911 or the fire department. If the electricity in the house has gone out or if the tree is touching a power line, call the electric company as well. Do not attempt to move the tree, or touch any of the wires or anything that may be in contact with the wires.
  • Call our 24x7 Claims Department. They will advise you about what should be done next, which may include making emergency repairs such covering the hole in your roof, taking pictures of the damage, calling a tree removal service, or simply getting you and family away from the damage and to a safe location.
What if the water line to my house is broken?
  • Turn off main water supply
  • Move any valuable items off floor and put on shelves, cement blocks, or any safe place away from the water
  • For emergency cleaning or water extraction, contact a restoration company and a professional plumber
Fire Safety and Prevention Tips
  • Install smoke detectors. The National Fire Protection Association recommends one detector on every floor (including attics and basements), in every sleeping area, and in every bedroom. Test the detectors and replace the batteries regularly.
  • Everyone should have a fire evacuation plan. The plan should include alternate ways to exit the house such as large, ground-floor windows and a designated meeting area for household members to gather while waiting for emergency personnel. Practice this plan periodically.
  • Make sure you have working fire extinguishers in your home, and that all family members know how to use them.
Report your Claim – Call our Claims Service Team 800-900-0121
(Option #2 is always Claims)
Who do I call to report a claim?
  • To report a claim now – Call 800-900-0121
    (Option #2 is always Claims)
When should I file an auto or homeowners' claim?
  • The Hickok and Boardman Insurance Group Claims Department is here to assist you with filing all claims, regardless of the type of claim or who is at fault for an accident. We are happy to help you throughout the entire claims process.
Can I get a copy of the "Vermont State Auto Accident" form online?
What do I do if my car is hit in a parking lot, but the other car did not stop or leave a phone number?
  • File a police report immediately after you discover the damage from the hit and run, and then call our Claims Department.
Do I have coverage if my car is hit with a shopping cart?
  • If you have purchased collision insurance for your policy, the damage would be covered.
Do I pay my deductible once per year on my Auto, Business, or Homeowners' Insurance?
  • No, your deductible applies per claim, not per policy period.
Do I have to pay a deductible if I get a chip in my windshield?
  • If you have comprehensive coverage, most companies waive the deductible for windshield repair.
If my car breaks down for mechanical failure, does my insurance pay for a rental car?
  • No, rental coverage does not apply for mechanical failure; it only covers you when your car has been damaged by an accident.
Can I get Vermont's "Employee First Report of Injury" form online for a workers' compensation injury?
  • Yes, you may download a copy here.
Our dedicated claims staff is here to help you 24/7. If you need to speak to a claims specialist outside of our regular business hours, please feel free to call our 24/7 claims line at 1.800.900.0121.

Christine Morse, Claims Department Supervisor

Christine Morse
Christine Morse
Claims Department Supervisor

Christine joined Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group in 2001 as a Claims Specialist, supporting our five office locations. Christine covers and responds to our 24/7, 365 days a year emergency claims pager. Prior to joining Hickok & Boardman, Christine was a licensed agent at a local Vermont agency, where she serviced claims for both Personal and Commercial lines. She has 29 years of experience in the insurance industry as a licensed agent. Christine graduated from Essex Junction Technical Center in Essex Junction, Vermont in 1973 with a business background.

Christine also spends her time volunteering at local nursing homes. In her off time Christine enjoys traveling and taking cruises to the Bahamas. She currently resides in Essex Junction with her husband, Benjamin, and her Pomeranian, Lissabeth.

Kris Green, Claims Specialist

 Kris Green
Kris Green
Claims Specialist

Kris joined Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group in 2016, as a Claims Specialist. Kris has 6 years of experience in property and casualty insurance claims and holds the Associate in Claims (AIC) designation. Kris graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Campbellsville University in 2006.

Kris is currently a youth leader for Christ Community Alliance Church in Orange, Vermont. In his free time, Kris enjoys hiking, running, race walking, grilling, and beer brewing. He currently resides in Orange, VT with his wife, and two children, with a third on the way.

Mike O'Hara, Claims Specialist

 Mike O'Hara
Mike O'Hara
Claims Specialist

Mike joined Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group in 2015, as a Claims Specialist servicing in commercial accounts for our five office locations. Mike brings nine years of experience as a claims adjuster for a Vermont based property and casualty insurance company. Prior to his tenure as an insurance carrier adjuster, Mike worked for several years as an independent claims adjuster in Maryland. Mike attended The University of Maryland at College Park and graduated with a degree in Finance in 1999.

Mike is an avid runner and a big sports fan, with his favorite team being the Baltimore Orioles. He currently resides in Barre, Vermont with his wife, Karen, daughter, Caroline, and two cats. He and his family actively participate in the Central Vermont Humane Society.