Common questions regarding home security:
- How does it affect my coverage?
- What are the benefits of higher home security?
- Why should I consider a home security system?
- What are some simple and inexpensive ways to increase the security of my home?
How can you protect your biggest investment?As concerns over your home and family’s security grow, it’s important to identify and address your security needs before it is too late. When it comes to security, we understand the most important thing is protecting your family. There are many efficient ways to ensure the safety of your loved ones, so be proactive and take charge of your home's security.
How does it affect my coverage?Having a secure home is a benefit to you in more ways than one. Not only does having a secure home give you peace of mind for your loved ones, but it protects your assets too. It can also reduce your insurance costs. Having a home is a great responsibility, and protecting it starts with simple habits and smart thinking. Other available options for security are more elaborate, such as security systems.
What are the benefits of higher home security?It is important to protect your family from potential threats inside as well as outside your home. By increasing your security awareness, your homeowner experience will be more enjoyable, rather than worrying about your safety. There are a variety of available security options, and many are very basic steps you can take to ensure you don’t wait until it is too late.
Why should I consider a home security system?Setting up a security system that is reliable and comprehensive may seem overwhelming to some. However, the peace of mind of being safe and secure is priceless. Depending on the type of system you invest in, you can be protected for risks such as temperature, burglary, fire and smoke, flood, carbon monoxide, and more.
What are some simple and affordable ways to increase the security of my home?
- Simple things such as locking all windows and doors and making sure these meet necessary standards can increase the security of your home. Outdoor lighting including motion detectors or motion lights are a great and affordable way to also deter intruders.
- Take the time to canvas your home and inspect it for any weaknesses, including windows and doors.
- Be in touch with your neighbors and have them be alert and watchful of anything suspicious. You may also consider setting up a neighborhood watch group to keep your home and loved ones protected.
- It is advisable to let someone know if you are going to be out of town and that they periodically check your home. Have timers on a few interior lights to give the appearance that someone is home.
- Routinely check your alarms and other devices to make sure they are properly functioning.
- To prepare for a catastrophic loss at your home or business, have an evacuation plan in place. Know the safest route to exit your building in the event of a fire. Have a safe meeting place outside of your home for all family members. Host fire drills on occasion to be sure everyone knows the emergency exit plan and is able to execute their part of the process.